Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Technology Integretation Matrix Self-Evaluation

As I evaluate the Technology Integration Matrix, I realize I have not come as far as I would have hoped in incorporating technology correctly in my classroom. With reading, language arts, math, and science, I am confident in the areas of entry, adoption, and adaptation, but need improvement in the areas of infusion and transformation. My students use technology each day at the entry level as well as the adoption level. My second graders have completed a research project on Endangered Animals which I feel fell into the category of adaptation. Throughout their learning students were definitely active, collaborative, constructive, and authentic at different phases of the project. Goal directed learning is a focus I will need to work on integrating into the learning curriculum in my classroom. I have realized students found learning more resourceful and rewarding as they developed their own personal questions and researched at their own pace to find answers. Many students were able to do this without guidance, which should have been a "red flag" to me indicating they are ready for more goal directed and transformation learning. I look forward to learning more as to how to integrate technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment